Saturday, January 12, 2013

Made it!

I’m in Nairobi! I flew in a few hours ago and am spending the night here. I’ll be in Nakuru tomorrow afternoon. A few things that have happened in the past 30-ish hours:


1. Bad breath on airplanes. I thought the few whiffs of bad breath I experienced on my flight from Orlando to Chicago was kinda bad. You guys, I had no idea that I would be stuck sitting beside a man with actual dragon breath for over 8 hours on the NEXT flight. Mostly what this means is that I faced the window basically the whole entire time. And like, I couldn’t even sleep.


2. The Perks of Being a Wallflower. Now, I read this book a few years ago. I loved it, and it crushed my heart, and I cried about it for a long time. But I still forgot HOW sad it was. Well I watched the movie on the same flight as Dragon Breath, and it was a mistake. I cried for probably 40 minutes and just couldn’t even function. Have you seen it? What did you think?


3. After semi-recovering from Perks of Being a Wallflower, I decided to watched an episode of New Girl. Now, I know everyone loves this show and loves Zooey Deschanel and thinks it’s hilarious, but I just don’t. According to people with good taste, it gets better after the first few episodes (which is all I’ve seen), so I gave it another shot. Guys. It was sooooooooo dumb. This is what happened: Zooey was quirky-annoying, a sweaty landlord was rude but then tried to have sex with her, and a short sad boy roommate thought the landlord was a terrible person. Who likes this stuff?


4. I had an 1.5 hour phonecall in the airport with a very encouraging and hilarious friend. Highlights of the conversation included her swearing to me up and down that she knew without a doubt that I will NOT marry a Kenyan, and us laughing about how her blog is overly holy.


5. Have you ever flown British Airways? It’s my favorite airline, and it’s mostly because the stewardesses are all beautiful and really nice. Is that terrible? They make me want to be a British flight attendant. Or at least wear fun lipstick and side buns.


6. Got my visa, got my luggage (none of it was lost this time! PTL!), a friend picked me up, and now I’m at the Hampton House jamming to B. Spears instead of sleeping. I’m getting excited about Nakuru reunion!

2 comments:

  1. Look at what a great blogger you're becoming! That short sad roomate on New Girl is my fave. He's also in a movie with Aubry Plaza about time travel. I don't remember what it's called, but you should watch it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really want to see "Perks" the movie. And also, I like the idea of blogging in list format. And sorry about Dragon Breath.

    ReplyDelete